New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 08:15 AM   #353
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killed by Death View Post
Not what I said, not what I meant. Ferrari have the best driver pair on the grid that could last a long time IMHO. I worry Lewis may only stay 1 or 2 years. Plus I don't know if LEC and HAM will work well together. Basically don't fix what isn't broken.
This is true. Lec is a better driver than Ham and Rus, and Sai is equally as good as Ham and better than Rus. There was definitely more staying power for Ferrari with Lec/Sai but they sold out for marketing hype. If Ham gets body slammed by Lec next year, I wouldnt be surprised to see him leave. We all know his 2 "wins" this year were more due to mistakes of others or luck vs anything.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; Today at 08:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:38 AM   #354
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lens View Post
Max had 1000IQ here, he realized the Ferrari's were faster than him, along with Norris, so he ate both penalties and kept lando behind and ruined his race on purpose.

Instead of losing 13 points, he lost 10.

Lando would have won the race with the last hard tire stint at the end if Max didn't keep him behind.

Some people call it dirty driving, I call it entertainment. I don't care who wins, as long as it's not Mclaren, I hope Ferrari win the WCC and Max wins the WDC.

Mclaren and Norris are so unlikeable
Agreed Max again playing 3D chess while Nor is asking what the shape is of checkers pieces and that Nor/Mclaren are just unlikeable.
I personally love the hard racing (no offense but Ham has made a career of driving like this for nearly 2 decades), and it's clear Nor doesnt want to race hard and doesnt have the skill to do it since he continues to try to pass on the outside but cant keep it on track.
Ferrari for the WCC this year (and crash and burn in 2025) and Max for WDC and then RB bringing back RB19 levels of performance in 2025.

BTW - fastest car with Pia and couldnt even get past the Haas cars?? Maybe he isnt as good as we all thought. His performances the last few weeks has been pretty bad.

Last edited by HeelToeShift; Today at 08:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 08:58 AM   #355
AmuroRay
Major General
Rep

Drives: M235i

The delusion here is strong. Can't wait to see this board falling over themselves when Hamilton wins another WDC at Ferrari
As long 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:01 AM   #356
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 24 6MT M2, 25 X5 M60, 24 Truk

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
If Lando thinks that the title will be handed on a plate to him then he is finally coming to earth thinking otherwise, he is a nice guy for sure but in F1 there are no nice guys when the visors drop and the younger fans must be coming to terms with this reflected in MAX being voted Driver of the Day.
Considering Lando knows Max far better than anyone here, I’m certain he is aware of that.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 09:10 AM   #357
HeelToeShift
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcoose View Post
Hamilton is a legend in many aspects, but his time has passed. He’ll be a midfielder at Ferrari, and hopefully retire soon.

Verstappen is also a legend. But somehow cannot win without a winning car. Not much of a Max Factor. Derp.
Agree Ham needs to leave, same with Alo.

Weird you say Max cannot win without a winning car when the former you name went nearly 3 full years without a win in a car far more competitive than Max ever had from 2016-2021 (yet Max still won ~14% of the races he was in during that time vs Ham's measly 3% race wins).

The Max factor was still there and it's been there. No other driver on the grid would be leading the WDC (I think he's set a record for most time leading in history to boot) driving his car. He still has 7 wins (still the most by one driver after Miami and more than double the next driver), or the amount of podiums he has - that is the Max factor - when you can highly outperform the car like he did in 2016-2021, or in 2024.
If he pulls out the final races for another WDC win, it will be his second time winning a WDC in a car that on average was NOT the fasest on the grid, and in fact this year, might on average have only been 3rd fastest (likely another record).

Last edited by HeelToeShift; Today at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0