New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 06:51 PM   #309
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Maybe you have a different idea of what is ment by the Max factor as what other people mean by it?
I mean, is there a set and done definition about that slogan? I don't think so?
But you seem to think so?

anyway, it's a silly discussion imo.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t

Last edited by GuidoK; Today at 06:56 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:03 PM   #310
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 24 6MT M2, 25 X5 M60, 24 Truk

Damn it, I missed a good race! Was just watching highlights and of course the latest him and Lando scrap. Will have to wait for @Artemis to post the official FIA release to see their reasoning.

I haven’t seen a great slow mo version of it, but from what I did see it looked like Lando was for sure ahead for the first corner. Plus Max hit Lando so wonder if that is why the first ten second penalty.

Second one Max is definitely ahead, so wondering what the second ten was for based on last weeks rulings. The said for going off track and gaining an advantage over RBR radio. Maybe they didn’t think he would’ve been in position to make the second pass (in a dangerous spot with the wall right there) if he hadn’t left the track in the first corner incident.

I’m sure they are trying to send a message to calm down after a second week of this before there is a bad accident and someone is potentially injured. But, will be very interesting to read the stewards reports.

Very happy for Carlos and Ferrari!
Appreciate 1
      Today, 07:10 PM   #311
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 24 6MT M2, 25 X5 M60, 24 Truk

Quote:
Originally Posted by G30M View Post
the thing is, i watched the first incident. it's exactly the same as last week. Norris making the pass, got pushed wide, but Norris stays ahead.

Last week they gave Lando the penalty.
then McLaren appealed and got told to FO.

So Max did it again, but this time it's a 10s penalty to Max.

the FIA is confused lol
Looked like Lando was ahead the entire time through the first corner and then Max also hit him.
Appreciate 1