New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Yesterday, 10:51 PM   #1
Petlizard
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: C63 BS; LC500; F Pace SVR; P8

Which rare car to keep and which to sell?

I’ve two somewhat unique cars in my humble collection, a 2012 c63 AMG Black Series and a 2019 Jaguar Project 8. They are similar because of the characterful v-8s engines, unique body works, and exclusivities that help them maintain a small appreciation over time. They are my garage queens that I save to show to friends, or to take to C&C, or do photoshoots.

My daily driver is a tuned w204 c63, and a Jaguar F Pace SVR for rainy/snowy weather.

Recently, my itch for a new car has landed on the AMG GT-R, the coupe or roadster, from between 2018 to 2021.
I’ve told myself that the only way I will be getting one of these is to sell of one of the two cars mentioned form above since the replacement car will have the same purpose. I’m making my list of pros and cons to see which car to keep but seems to only come to a draw. So, I’m posting the question here and see what the auto enthusiast crowd has say.

Which car should I keep?

2012 c63 AMG Black Series:
Reasons to Keep:
-Only about 700 made, with less the n 80 in the US
-Cheap to run since it share parts with a common w204 c class coupe
-Low on taxes and insurance

Reasons to sell:
-What I had paid for it 4 yrs. ago, put over 14k miles on it since, and what I can sell it for today will likely net me about $25-$30k.
-The gear box is old school, and the car driving experience is very clunky when compared to the newer GT-R

2019 Jaguar Project 8:
Reasons to Keep:
-Less than 250 ever made with less than 20 in the states
-Gear box and drive train are incredible
-The car feels like a race car with four doors
-It will likely continue to appreciate in value

Reasons to Sell:
-Exhaust is not that loud (fun) unless you really push the car around
-Not that fun unless you drive really, really fast
-High cost of taxes and insurance
-I owned it for over a year, put over 5k miles on it since, and likely break even today or even gain about $5k if I sell it now

I know ultimately it’s my choice, but why not make things more interesting and see what everyone think.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      Yesterday, 11:33 PM   #2
FC4
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Yes

Sell the Benz and realize the gain. The Jag is a lot cooler and more special.

The exhaust not being all that loud unless pushed is a bit surprising. I've never driven one, but I woulda guessed it sounds just like an F-Type SVR which is glorious at all RPM. I put VAP catted downpipes on mine which took it to another level...see if they can make you a set to fit the P8.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 12:17 AM   #3
x622
Forced Induction Connoisseur
Rep

Drives: 23 X5MC / 23 720s

Garage List
2024 G87 M2  [0.00]
2023 Mclaren 720s  [0.00]
2005 Honda S2000  [0.00]
2023 BMW X5MC  [0.00]
1964 Ford Mustang  [0.00]
1968 Pontiac GTO  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC4 View Post
Sell the Benz and realize the gain. The Jag is a lot cooler and more special.

The exhaust not being all that loud unless pushed is a bit surprising. I've never driven one, but I woulda guessed it sounds just like an F-Type SVR which is glorious at all RPM. I put VAP catted downpipes on mine which took it to another level...see if they can make you a set to fit the P8.
I agree. The Jag is indeed more special, and will depreciate then appreciate much akin to the Benz.

Consider moving the Jag to an entity, write off taxes and insurance. Use it as a "marketing" vehicle.
      Today, 01:19 AM   #4
335i54n
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: e90 335i, e39 m5

sell the jag, its more a niche market and imo will never have the draw of a black series. jaq is also supercharged and auto. frankly i would sell both and get into an desirable spec NA porsche/bmw along with the gtr
Appreciate 0