New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

Today, 03:24 PM   #23
ledphut
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina XB7  [8.30]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTwo3 View Post
Although it’s nice, it costs more than double an M3 compX.
$181,000 for a 3 series is just absurd.
Where are you getting that number from?

Completely loaded it’s about €115,000.
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN31870.00
      Today, 03:25 PM   #24
///M TOWN
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: M GmbH

Garage List
2018 M2  [9.21]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth517 View Post
Sad that apparently the M4 will be dead with no coupe replacement mentioned anywhere.
That doesn’t sound right, there’s gotta be something else planned.
Maybe they’ll call it a 5 series coupe to make more ///Money.

Last edited by ///M TOWN; Today at 03:25 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:43 PM   #25
OneTwo3
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: Toyota Camry

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledphut View Post

I looked it up after watching that review and google told it was $181,000! Maybe I should have looked more into it lol but after I saw that number I was just annoyed
Appreciate 1
ledphut821.50
      Today, 03:47 PM   #26
OneTwo3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
That doesn’t sound right, there’s gotta be something else planned.
Maybe they’ll call it a 5 series coupe to make more ///Money.
The M2, imo, will fill the position of the M4. Especially when they release the XDrive model.
I don’t see why anyone would opt for an M4 when you can get an M2 xDrive that’s a bit lighter, more nimble and is expected to put out 500+ HP.
Appreciate 2
NickyC19143.50
FrankieNuo1380.50
      Today, 03:49 PM   #27
Spoolin Montego
Captain
Rep

Drives: 16 m3/20 x5m/23 m3

Quote:

still 15k more than a fully loaded 2025 M3. Who would choose one of these over an M3 lol you get much less aggressive looking bumpers/body
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:52 PM   #28
OneTwo3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:

I just realized it pulled the data from an Australian website so it’s $181k Australian dollars lmao. Makes more sense now.
Appreciate 1
ledphut821.50
      Today, 03:52 PM   #29
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
The M2, imo, will fill the position of the M4. Especially when they release the XDrive model.
I don’t see why anyone would opt for an M4 when you can get an M2 xDrive that’s a bit lighter, more nimble and is expected to put out 500+ HP.
And doesn't look awful.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:54 PM   #30
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW 435i Xdrive Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
i hope the grills stay, really like them now.

the M440 grills are ugly bad the M3/M4 are really nice

i get more compliments on this than any other i have ever owned
Ok so I’ll agree the M3/4 grills do look better than the regular 4 series. It’s because they sit in the bumper or inside of the actual grill not plastered on the bumper how the regular 4 series is. However I’ve owned the previous 4 series for 6 years and when the new one came out I hated it. But now it’s definitely grown on me since owning it and it does look way better in person. I think it makes the cars with the smaller grills look more dated honestly. Also what is the most surprising is the amount of attention and compliments the car gets. People tell me they love the grill! I’m like what? And it’s mostly non BMW people.
So if BMW was trying to get more attention with their cars and maybe get people interested in the brand who otherwise would not have been, then they definitely succeeded there. Also the grill in all black or shadow line trim is the best. The cerium gray ones definitely need to go.
      Today, 03:55 PM   #31
OneTwo3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
And doesn't look awful.
I don’t think either look awful, but I definitely prefer the straight lines of the M2 over the curvier M4. I hope the design language of the next gen M3 follows suit!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 03:56 PM   #32
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
That’s interesting. I’ve never heard anybody say that, but I’ll take your word for it…
I have an M440 and the grill gets the most compliments as well. I’m usually like yea I know it’s got the ugly big front grill. And people are like yeah! I love that! I’m like huh?
      Today, 03:59 PM   #33
ledphut
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alpina XB7

Garage List
2022 Alpina XB7  [8.30]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
still 15k more than a fully loaded 2025 M3. Who would choose one of these over an M3 lol you get much less aggressive looking bumpers/body
I would personally. You get all the of the engine performance (much more torque actually) and none of the harsh ride. Plus it can be had in Touring form, which to me is just sexy as hell. Finally, the old grille is much more appealing in my opinion.

That’s not even mentioning the interior which can be configured with Lavalina leather, the same supplier that Rolls Royce uses for their top of the line spec.

Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:05 PM   #34
OneTwo3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seba77W View Post
I have an M440 and the grill gets the most compliments as well. I’m usually like yea I know it’s got the ugly big front grill. And people are like yeah! I love that! I’m like huh?
Keep in mind, most of the day to day compliments you hear about your car come from people who aren’t hardcore car enthusiasts. While we might compare a new BMW to previous generations and have a whole list of expectations on design, most people just see it as a sporty, unique car, with nothing to compare to. Show a picture of an M3 or M4 to someone who’s not into cars, and they’ll probably think it looks amazing! But a car enthusiast? They’ll spot 100 little things to critique!
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:14 PM   #35
mike@x-ph.com
Joint Chiefs of Staff
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Ok so I’ll agree the M3/4 grills do look better than the regular 4 series. It’s because they sit in the bumper or inside of the actual grill not plastered on the bumper how the regular 4 series is. However I’ve owned the previous 4 series for 6 years and when the new one came out I hated it. But now it’s definitely grown on me since owning it and it does look way better in person. I think it makes the cars with the smaller grills look more dated honestly. Also what is the most surprising is the amount of attention and compliments the car gets. People tell me they love the grill! I’m like what? And it’s mostly non BMW people.
So if BMW was trying to get more attention with their cars and maybe get people interested in the brand who otherwise would not have been, then they definitely succeeded there. Also the grill in all black or shadow line trim is the best. The cerium gray ones definitely need to go.
I felt the same way. When the M4 was first released, I wasn’t a big fan of its design. I wasn’t even excited about getting the new G82 since I really loved my F82.

But once I got it and especially after lowering it, adding a carbon front lip, and spacers, the look completely transformed.

Now, I wouldn't want to go back to the old grille style

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 1
Seba77W471.50
      Today, 04:15 PM   #36
Seba77W
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Keep in mind, most of the day to day compliments you hear about your car come from people who aren’t hardcore car enthusiasts. While we might compare a new BMW to previous generations and have a whole list of expectations on design, most people just see it as a sporty, unique car, with nothing to compare to. Show a picture of an M3 or M4 to someone who’s not into cars, and they’ll probably think it looks amazing! But a car enthusiast? They’ll spot 100 little things to critique!
Oh yea I understand. But also even a few car guys that I know, not BMW guys but still car enthusiasts actually like it too. Like I said I still don’t love it even tho I own one but it has grown on me. I think it would’ve look better with an 8 series style grill or something along those lines. It will be interesting to see what BMW chooses for the new G84 M3.

Last edited by Seba77W; Today at 04:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:23 PM   #37
OneTwo3
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Oh yea I understand. But also even a few car guys that I know, not BMW guys but still car enthusiasts actually like it too. Like I said I still don’t love it even tho I own one but it has grown on me. I think it would’ve look better with an 8 series style grill or something along those lines. It will be interesting to see what BMW chooses for the new G84 M3.
I agree with you! It’s grown on me as well and I love the front end look of the M3/4. Especially with the LCI snake eyes! It’s crazy how differently I feel about the grill now vs when I first say it in 2020.
Appreciate 1
Seba77W471.50
      Today, 04:25 PM   #38
G MONEY
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
i hope the grills stay, really like them now.

the M440 grills are ugly bad the M3/M4 are really nice

i get more compliments on this than any other i have ever owned
Time to up your car game then Just kidding. 😘
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:01 PM   #39
spuntyb
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 F90 Competition

2019 F90 Comp MBB|Black (sold)
2018 F80 ZCP TB|SS (sold)
2015 F30 335 AW|CR (sold)
2015 F31 MG|CR (sold)
2011 E90 JB|Oyster (sold)
Appreciate 0
      Today, 05:24 PM   #40
Jim B
Wingman
Rep

Drives: 2022 BMW M4 Manual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roth517 View Post
Sad that apparently the M4 will be dead with no coupe replacement mentioned anywhere.

This might make mine more valuable.
Appreciate 0
      Today, 06:14 PM   #41
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

Quote:
Because there's a lot of folks who are brand conscious. There's people who I've told I want an M2 and they look at me like I'm some pleb. Their response: "why not an M5 or M8 bro?"

Obv most M4 buyers are not like this, but there are certainly people who think the lesser the number next to the M badge, the less prestigious.
Appreciate 0