New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

Today, 03:20 PM   #67
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Nothing is like the driven snow in F1, people have real lives making a living so sod their millions LOL Now news is saying Brown is resigned from Andretti so make of that what you will, I'm going to sleep soon.
Appreciate 2
      Today, 03:25 PM   #68
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Yes I agree , Red Bull screwed up the car completely with a fundamental design flaw because the Frenchman Pierre Waché really s@cks and he will s@ck again with the new planned COTA upgrades ...
Waché is not the new A.Newey...

I'm pretty sure you mean the RB20...
Horner said they tracked the car problems back to the Barcelona floor update to the RB19. Clearly they have carried either the same floor, or a similar design, onto the RB20.
Appreciate 2
      Today, 03:41 PM   #69
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfox View Post
Horner said they tracked the car problems back to the Barcelona floor update to the RB19. Clearly they have carried either the same floor, or a similar design, onto the RB20.
It's always a very bad sign if you had to remove all your new upgrades .
That's what they had to do , to make the car drivable again .
In other words : Back to ZERO and a new shot in the dark...

IMHO, it won't be easy to close a 30 sec. race pace gap and to make the tires last forever like the Papaya bullet car .

#MissionImpossible (!)

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 2
dfox1150.50
      Today, 04:15 PM   #70
dfox
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

Agreed, hopefully they can figure it out... but I guess my bigger point is, RB admitted that's when they started the screw up, and if you look at the race results, aside from Checo's crash in Monaco, he had been doing really well up until that point, trading wins with Max. The car took a turn for the worse at that point and while Max was able to drive around the issue, Checo wasn't. If they can fix this, we could see a return to form for Checo. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Appreciate 0