View Single Post
      12-15-2019, 06:35 AM   #39
omera60
First Lieutenant
Turkey
Rep

Drives: 218i Coupe

Garage List
It’s been so long since I wrote here, more than a year even. So a quick update on the car itself and the reason for the delay. The reason for the delay is simply I bought other BMW’s in between this project, 3 to be exact, I got a 1993 850Ci,1985 635CSi and 1994 E30 Touring. These cars took some time. Even though the 6 & 8 didn’t receive a frame-off restoration they had engine rebuilds minor cosmetic work on the interior etc and the Touring is going through a major frame off restoration. So if I put aside these excuses the condition of the 2002. It has revived its engine, drivetrain, brakes, electrics, partly the dash and instrument cluster. At the moment it is waiting for the upholstery guy to have a space in his shop to go. All the interior fabrics have arrived from BMW Classic. The only missing part is the carpet. Since the car is an 11/1964 built but a 1975 model year it needs the molded carpet but I’m having trouble finding the molded version. If all else fails I will put the traditional carpet in it. If you guys have a suggestion on molded carpeting I would really appreciate it. ’Till next time take care...
overcoil3068.50