11-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #1
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport

Official BimmerPost Photo Contest #17: Beauty in the Mundane

Official BimmerPost Photo Contest #17: Beauty in the Mundane

1. Any interpretation of the theme that falls within Bimmerpost.com rules is welcome.
2. You must be the person that took the photo. Previous photos are acceptable as long as you are the one that captured the image.
3. One submission per contest.
4. Images must be no larger than 800px in any direction. Links to larger images are allowed but you must have one that is under 800px for the poll.
5. All contestants must host their own pictures (which includes hosting them on bimmperpost).
6. All images must have a title.
7. While post processing in Photoshop is allowed, adding or removing parts of the picture is not. In the event a photo is suspected to be "photo-chopped," the contestant will be asked to provide the original picture.

THEME:

Beauty in the Mundane – Your entry in this contest should incorporate something you see or are likely to see every day. The goal is to capture some element of an ordinary object in your photograph that is either unusual or usually escapes notice. This could include a different angle, a different light, or a specific piece of something that is typically overlooked.
In the interest of creating difficulty and ensuring competitive submissions that adhere to the theme, the following will not be considered for voting:
Photos of monuments & vehicles, portraiture, sunsets/sunrises, and anything you would consider "once in a blue moon" or "once in a lifetime" (i realize that's a bit tricky, but we'll see how it goes), and most importantly, SELECTIVE COLOR. Eliminating all but one color in photoshop is a neat trick, sure, but it doesn't push the envelope of your photographic skill.

*I reserve the right to enforce these standards as necessary.

The idea here is to stretch your respective imaginations a bit and capture something unique in that which is around you. Go forth and do great things.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Entries must be submitted to this thread no later than Sunday, November 29th at MIDNIGHT PST.

The poll will commence shortly thereafter. Happy shooting.

I've decided to give away a real prize to the winner of this one. I've got a set of RD LEDs that I don't want anymore and haven't used in forever. Win the contest, pay the shipping, and they're yours.

Last edited by oneintheory; 11-17-2009 at 08:44 PM..