View Single Post
      04-29-2016, 03:31 PM   #409
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg1993 View Post
good point about the physicality...I never really gave it that much thought, but it will be a big factor as St. Louis is definitely a harder hitting team. I feel like I may have made a mistake by picking Dallas to win in 7 games. only time will tell, I guess

funny thing also; the thing about the Blues being a more physical team really rings a bell with me from a childhood game (that I still absolutely love to play whenever my brother and I are both home)...

there is a game for Nintendo 64 titled "Wayne Gretzky's 3D Hockey '98". it was the first game that my brother and I had when our parents got us N64 for Christmas back in 1997. I always remember (and it is still true today, as these games certainly don't update and evolve like the games of today) that if you played against the Blues as an AI team, you could NEVER, EVER, EVER beat them in a fight. they would win every single time. and they would always cross-check the shit out of you in the corners, or even in open ice. and there are no such things as penalties when you play in "arcade mode", which is more fun of course, because anything goes
Yeah, speaking of pools, I did the NHL Bracket challenge and I am sucking big time. So, no one should take my picks to heart...hockey is so hard to predict and this first round had many surprises. But, yeah the Blues are somewhat fearsome. They have always just been kind of a mean team, even back to the Chris Pronger days.

Those hockey games don't lie...my favorite was Activision Ice hockey for Atari...probably way too long ago for you to know... I was so good at it that no one, even other people who owned the game, could even come close to beating me. I was 1000-0.