View Single Post
      06-14-2022, 05:55 AM   #3
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Speed cameras - everywhere! It started a few years ago as a pilot program. The cameras were posted within X distance of schools, normally on the blocks where the schools were located. They were in operation only on days schools were in session and from the hours of 6am-10pm. Then they changed it to M-F regardless of whether schools were open. And again they changed the distance to a radius. Cameras popped up everywhere. When we were in lockdown, and everyone was home except essential workers, the city went crazy putting more cameras up everywhere and at the same time they reduced the speed limits.

They now approved the cameras 24/7. It drives me batshit crazy. I am so happy my car alerts me when approaching a speed camera. Don't get me wrong, I don't speed like crazy on the city streets but WTF?!?! Streets that were previously 40 mph are now 25 mph. The cameras are a cash cow for the city.

Rant over.