hwntime
Captain
Rep

Drives: F22 Raptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoral View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwntime View Post
Hopefully you all have rental car coverage with your policy because if not, you're paying out of pocket for a rental car until everything settles on the totaled car. And if you don't have the coverage, add it today. It'll cost an extra $6-$12 per month with most insurers for the piece of mind. A rental will run you on average, $25-$35 per day.
I've never had rental car coverage, never needed it 25 years of driving. So I guess I saved between $1800 ($6/day) and $3600 ($12/day). Might be worth it for a "piece" of mind, but definitely not for *peace* of mind.
What the hell are you talking about?! Through your own auto insurance you can get rental car coverage so if you get into an accident and need a rental car while your car is being repaired or if it's stolen and pending the 30 day wait period, they pay for it up to X amount of dollars depending on your policy. I pay $12.01 for 6 months so $2/month. It will cover up to $45/day up to $1500. That's the insurance rental car coverage I'm talking about. If you don't want to pay $2/month for that coverage, that's all on you. You obviously, as you stated, never needed it in the 300 years you've been driving so be it! LMFAO