View Single Post
      10-31-2022, 12:06 PM   #185
OG Shark
Rep

Drives: Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYG View Post
At one point Sergio closed to gap and was in DRS range. I was so ready for him to overtake Lewis but I guess he was using a lot of battery and wore his tires out a little bit in the process.

I think Red Bull was the first team to figure out early that they need to avoid the hard tire as much as possible - pirelli seems to always select the wrong tire set by going harder instead of softer. Bring back Bridgestone/Goodyear/ANYONE ELSE
Yes didn't look like they were surprised at all with the performance & durability of any of the compounds. They had their plan, stuck to it, and it worked like they predicted. Again Use the reds to keep position at the start, nurse them to the yellow window, drive off into the sunset. And have a brief chuckle at those on TV saying it looks like the hards were the tire to be on in the process.

PER was almost there but looked like he just couldn't hang on through the detection zone. And yeah couldn't stay that close for too long and also used up the tires trying to get there. But if RB was so dominant as being claimed he should have made the pass anyways...
NYG10579.50
M5Rick59630.00