View Single Post
      08-29-2009, 12:11 AM   #1
charliemack
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
The story of my car and the indecent Trucker

Well after a half year of using the all mighty search button to find everything out about my beloved 07 328i. I figured I'd make my first post because of the tribulations that I have recently experienced. It's long but bear with me

It's is a fairly short story of me getting a bright and shiny 07 328i a half year before i graduated from college. I loved it and it loved me. That spring a hail storm caused me to endure two months of no car and killer damage total of 10k (thank god for insurance). Next I have been plagued with two clutch issues that one was replaced free and the next I payed Half(I've been driving manual for 9+ years and this is the first time i've ever had a clutch issue) But that is all fixed and all is well and good till Aug 26th at 9:35 Pm. Me and my Wife of a month and a half where driving from Houston to Dallas on 45 going 75mph, when an 18 wheeler who had been following me for about 20 miles decided he was going to pass me, I was in the right lane as is the law and he crept up on my left side slowly for about 25seconds I knew he was in my blind spot but he hadn't been there long and he did actively change lanes to pass me so i figured he was aware of my vehicle. He then decided to change lanes, Directly hitting my driver side rear panel with his bumper, this caused me to fish tail directly into his path and consequently get squarely Tboned on the driver side(scary to see an 18 wheeler coming at you head on) This second hit sent me straight forward and a third knick by his truck sent me spinning into the center median. We finally came to a stop to my engine still running my coolant light on and just enough time to see this trucker driving away without even touching his brakes. I immediately turn off the car and dail 911 not a single person stops as a witness or to help for 15 minutes. Finally a cop shows up and with inspection of a flashlight I decide to move the car and see if it is drive able. It so happened that it was indeed mechanicly fine and as a small testament these cars where built to take a hit even though both doors where damaged they still functioned and we continued our drive the next day where I made it the last 150 miles to Dallas, We got here got it in the shop and got a rental and all works out.
I have included some pictures of my car
I do Love my car and I feel that even though there have been issues the fact that i stood up to an large vehicle hitting it and not flipping or crumbling is a true testament that these cars are well worth it.

Also me and my wife are fine without any issues

now for the show pictures

Last edited by charliemack; 08-29-2009 at 12:45 AM..
Appreciate 0