03-12-2014, 02:42 AM   #166
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Metak2you View Post
The level of ignorance in this thread......

Reverse engineering, meaning someone takes apart any give object and copies it exactly, bypassing the entire R&D portion of development, is a fraction of the cost. That's why you see so many knock off aftermarket pieces for so cheap. Anyone can make a simple mold of an OEM BMW Performance Splitter and manufacture it in China much cheaper than what it cost BMW to do a proper CAD design, tooling, wind tunnel testing...etc.

I don't have much respect for people that don't have respect for intellectual property. The people that justify stealing ideas/designs/inventions or justify buying those same items so they can save a few dollars are no better. They don't fear having their ideas stolen because they will never have an original thought themselves.
I can abide by your just respect for intellectual property. It's property and that's that. NP with me.

Red:
I'm curious about one thing. If you have a wreck in your car and your insurance coverage doesn't specifically authorize BMW (or whatever brand) OEM replacement parts, just what kind of parts do you think you'll get? What exactly is the difference in your mind between aftermarket equivalents and these copied watches we've been discussing?

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed