06-09-2021, 01:27 PM   #1597
Vulpe
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGUYinCO View Post
You're all going to laugh....or maybe even mock me...but with my mighty overclocked I9 9900K, 32 GB ram, RTX 3080 graphics card and two onboard 2TB nvme M.2 ssds, I've been playing one of the greatest games ever: Peggle Deluxe by Popcap.

Yes, Peggle. If you haven't played this game, it is very addictive and brilliant in its simplicity - no kidding.

When I'm not playing Peggle, then in all seriousness I am playing a lot of DCS in VR.
Well the majority of us here have these very powerful and capable cars but daily drive them. So we can have our top of the line consumer PCs and do whatever they hell we want from them.

I've got my 5950x, 6900xt, 32gb 3600/CL14, OS on a 980 PRO M.2 drive, all my games on two 970 Evo Plus M.2 drives in RAID 0, all my media across 4 Sata SSDs.

I really haven't played many games that take the power into account. Spiritfarer, Mass Effect games, the older style Resident Evils, some WoW. And even those games that don't need much power I limit my fps to my monitors refresh at 165 so a lot of the time my GPU fans don't even turn on.

Even when I'm encoding videos while playing a game and watching a stream my cpu doesn't really go past like 60% use. And honestly, that's what I like. I like having overpowered parts that I can run at medium load so they only hit like 65c.