View Single Post
      06-05-2016, 08:48 PM   #627
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
I don't know about stole. SJ played solid through out the first 3...but they were definitely outplayed in that OT. Pens needed to capitalize on 4 different chances in the OT and didn't. Jones made a few really good saves...but Malkin needs to put that one in that was right in front of the net. When you can't put it in on extended offensive shifts, usually that's when the other team goes down and puts one in.

I'm going to say - that was probably the most non-called penalties I think I've ever seen. (Make sure I specify - by both teams) Not whining, this is not why the Pens lost at all...but as a fan, it's getting hard to constitute what's now going to be called and what's not now. I don't mind a few uncalled - let the teams play...but they look some liberties in the hacking and whacking. Guaranteed they're some bumps and bruises today.

Part of an annoyance goes to that damn puck - what the hell kinda rubber they use in SJ for those? That think looked like a super ball at times.

Needless, I said Pens in 5. That means we had to lose one somewhere. Just would have rather it been game 4.
Sharks were outplayed for sure in the 1st and OT..about even in 2nd and 3rd. Shot total for Pens was much higher. While Malkin does not have a point he sure looks dangerous--but our big guys, i.e....Pavelski and Burns look a little timid compared to the last series. Figure they are due for a big game.

I think the calls are basically going to be for high sticks to the face(even though that gets missed) delay of game and any real obvious event that really stops a scoring chance. Basic hooking, crosschecks, slashes and so forth are just being let go. Maybe the Sharks figured that out as they raised the physicality in that game and had way more hits.

The Pucks here in San Jose are made with a space age polymer which give extra velocity.
So, your theory is by losing game 4 the Pens will have extra drive to close out in Pit, as opposed to losing game 3 and winning game 4? Kind of the same thing right?
Well likewise I am hoping for three straight wins which would end not only on SJ but on my day off so I can pour beer all over my head.