Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
***OFFICIAL BIMMERPOST PHOTO CONTEST #32: The Dramatic/Ironic Business Portrait***

Official BimmerPost Photo Contest #32: The Dramatic/Ironic Business Portrait

1. Any interpretation of the theme that falls within Bimmerpost.com rules and the theme is welcome.
2. You must be the person that took the photo. Previous photos are acceptable as long as you are the one that captured the image.
3. One submission per contest.
4. Images must be no larger than 800px in any direction. Links to larger images are allowed but you must have one that is under 800px for the poll.
5. All contestants must host their own pictures (which includes hosting them on Bimmerpost).
6. All images must have a title.
7. While post processing in Photoshop is allowed, adding or removing parts of the picture is not. In the event a photo is suspected to be "photo-chopped," the contestant will be asked to provide the original picture.

THEME:
The theme is The Ironic Business Portrait. We all should know how to take a proper portrait and what that consists of but just in case you don't

Quote:
A portrait is a painting, photograph, sculpture, or other artistic representation of a person, in which the face and its expression is predominant. The intent is to display the likeness, personality, and even the mood of the person. For this reason, in photography a portrait is generally not a snapshot, but a composed image of a person in a still position. A portrait often shows a person looking directly at the painter or photographer, in order to most successfully engage the subject with the viewer.

The trick to this contest is to make the portrait dramatic or ironic somehow. This can be accomplished by using things as: Setting, Attire, Lighting, and Posing among other elements.

Here is an example I recently did for school. It is of an "evil janitor" sitting at a teachers desk, filling in grades with a sinister look on his face. Notice this is not only shown by these simple elements, but also by the writing on the chalkboard and the lighting on his face to further reinforce it.

Your job is to put together a portrait of anyone you choose and give us an intentional message about this person or what they are doing in a dramatic or ironic fashion.

IMPORTANT DATES:

Entries must be submitted to this thread no later than Sunday March 13th @ 11:59 CST. The poll will begin on the following Monday.

Any questions about the theme can be discussed below.

-Badger

Last edited by UdubBadger; 03-04-2011 at 11:34 AM..