View Single Post
      04-19-2019, 08:11 AM   #8
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

People generally like Range Rovers because of the raised propped-up-on-a-pedestal “command seating” position. Gives one a feeling of being the king of the road, able to see over more things while driving. I totally get that.

But alot of people also fail to realize that such a commanding seating position usually results in a taller vehicle with a higher center of gravity, and thus a higher chance of rollover when subjected to high lateral forces during events like an emergency accident avoidance maneuver at speed. It has its comprimises, and you can’t defy the laws of physics.

I personally like the X7’s driving position, same as I like our Q7’s lower driving position compared to the Range Rover. If anything I feel more confident that being lower and having a vehicle with a lower CoG affords superior handling and less chance of rollover. Personal preference, because for the most part all these SUVs handle well enough. To me, the X7’s seating position is plenty high enough without compromising handling prowess and propensity for rollover too much.