12-10-2006, 03:29 PM   #2
Weedo
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe, 2006 IS350

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxx_mina
OK, my car was finally broken in and i took it to the track friday....

my friend ran a 13.64 @ 102mph , then i ran a 21.5@ 70 mph.... the first run went great, my friend said he could have launched a little bit harder... and ran a faster time ... I on the other hand... had a fwd car with one of the strongest trannies ever ... so i was used to launching realy hard and spinning tires... but when i tried to do it on this car, it worked fine at staging but when i went to the line, the clutch just would not hook... i thought i was spinning tired for a second, but i eventually realized something was horrible wrong... anyway... long story short, my clutch was totally burned from one fucked up pass at the track ... and there were soo many cars on the way back i couldave raced... the one good thing that came out of this was that i destroyed the new g35 that was talking shit the whole way up there and only managed to run 14s ...

I also ran into another 335i owner at the gas station... he said he ran a 13.4 the week before on an automatic one... i am guessing our cars really like the weather right now...

i got few questions thou :

1. can the clutch be covered under warranty

2. is there a performance clutch available for this car?

3. was this entirely my fault or does the car just come with a weak clutch?

4. whats the best way to launch this car?

Mina
Having trouble following what you're saying... You mention that you "had a fwd car" but what car are you talking about? Did you blow the clutch in your new 335 or...??
Sport - Premium
Appreciate 0