View Single Post
      07-24-2019, 11:29 AM   #299
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post

First, before we all get TOO excited that the C8 is going to offer supercar like performance for 1/3rd the price...Guys, that's been the Chevrolet Corvette formula for decades. Is this really a game changer? Yes, no and maybe.
I think an important perspective that you've offered is that Chevy has been significantly increasing their game, maybe exponentially, but looking from the C6 Z06 to the ATS/CTS-V, ZL1-1LE and many others, they have been significantly ramping up the performance and yes, interiors, for a few years. I think of this as somewhat of an exponential curve, the C7 was a significant improvement in interior and performance, but at this point, the C8 is pretty much expected. There don't appear to be many compromises and it must be remembered that this is the most basic model. It's a game changer compared to many other cars IMO, but it's not so much of a radical evolution for Chevy. Just go look at a C7 Z06, that is an amazing piece of machinery IMO and it doesn't get as much attention as it should, although once you are considering a car like that, it means you don't need much, if any, practical features from the car, like space, ride height, etc. That automatically limits the number of buyers.