View Single Post
      09-16-2018, 11:36 AM   #89
ASAP
Major General
Rep

Drives: '23 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by se15679875 View Post
Like what's the point of this? It strikes me as a straw man argument if anything. People don't fail to see the benefit. They evaluate the pros (faster processor speed, better camera, etc.) and cons ($) of upgrading every year or 2-3 years and determine that the pros do not outweigh the cons.

There is no one size fits all when it comes to upgrading phones. The condescension is what I don't understand (and about upgrading phones no less). It's laughably arbitrary.

I don't have data on me or anything but who on earth would be stupid enough to do this?

If you have an older generation phone and it's too slow and you have the means to upgrade to a faster phone and you willingly don't upgrade then that, by definition, makes you ignorant.

You seem to be implying that a striking number of individuals who don't upgrade their phones regularly fall into this category. Why
?
There are absolutely a ton of people that fall into this category... in fact Apple got sued for what people believed to be intentional slowing of their phones... except that it was intentional slowing of their phone for their own phone's good. As in the hardware was now used up the point (battery) etc that it wouldn't work properly without this slow down.