View Single Post
      09-12-2018, 06:59 AM   #59
Yapakanichi
Monkey Marshall
Rep

Drives: 2005 Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unluky View Post
I quit my job after 13 years last year. I told my boss I would finish out the year for him expecting him to say no thanks and cut me loose that day - he didn't. =( But he felt it was a slap in the face that I quit a great job without having another job lined up (I was quitting because of him for sure and everyone knew it), so he set out to prove he did not need me and tried to start taking over all my responsibilities immediately. He was failing badly (anyone would - you can't do 2 department heads jobs at the same time) but refused to let me help. So I got to keep pulling my full salary while not really doing much. After a week or so I just said F it and enjoyed it and spent my day surfing, BSing with coworkers, and taking LONG lunches.

Everyone in the office thought it was hilarious, but I felt pretty guilty. Funny thing is, since I finished the year, the owners (who I got along with very well) decided to pay me my bonus anyway - so thanks to his pride in not cutting me loose early like I wanted - I got to watch him work for 6 weeks doing my work, while drawing my check and then got a bonus to boot.

Guy is a total tool, but I did go out "clean" and tried to leave my jobs as clean as I could for whoever came after me. My managers would have been the ones to pay the price if I had done anything bad, so I didn't want to do that. My old boss did it all for me.
This sounds very similar to how I left my job. My co-workers would have been the ones hurting if I just up and left. I set them up for success and got to shake everyone's hand except the person I was leaving for.

Good for you.
unluky7516.00