View Single Post
      05-29-2019, 09:01 AM   #4164
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPeaches View Post
All good advice and exactly how I'm trying to respond to the situation.

He passed around 3 years ago. I'm not sure the exact amount of time, but I'm guessing near 15 years since the oldest would have been 11 when he passed.

She has also had a failed 1.5 year relationship in the time between the death of her husband and now.

That's how I'm taking it. She did invite me over to her neighborhood pool over the weekend saying it would be nice to have me there with her. I'm not able to go to her house though, because she isn't ready to explain to her kids who I am.
Interesting on the time frames. Both length of time with the deceased husband and the 1.5 year relationship after indicates that she isn't someone who demonstrates what I refer to as "monkey syndrome" (going from limb to limb to support her all while not letting go of one limb until she already has her hand on another). This is very much a good thing. Not common in today's dating scene. Also the lack of being able to go to her house in avoidance of the conversation with the kids as to who you are is noble as well. No guidance needed here. You already know what you must do, just continue. This could mutually beneficial.