View Single Post
      07-03-2022, 08:16 AM   #39
JPSurratt2005
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2009 E92 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexFL View Post
How is your Sorento PHEV doing so far? In order to be put first in the line for the EV6 GT, I had to buy a “normal” Kia (yes, Kia SoFla is learning dirty tricks from Ferrari). I bought the Sorento X-Line SX Prestige and traded in my beloved Mazda CX-5 Turbo. Very pleased with the interior quality and the punch of that 2.5T engine mated to a wet dual clutch transmission. Definitely incredible value for modest 46k.
We're loving the Sorento! The PHEV has been fantastic, and we're averaging 56mpg over 7k miles total, but the last two tanks of gas have stretched 96mpg and 125mpg. My work commute is 14 miles so the 32 mile electric range can get me to work twice between charges. I use a killawatt to track my charging and we're averaging about $4.90 per week in electricity since October.

It was $50840 for the SX-P version with sunroof and tow package but we got back the full $6587 EV tax credit.

My only gripe is how loud and clunky the exterior door handles feel. Everything feels quite premium except for that. We ended up getting silky silver but really wanted wolf gray. The HEV/PHEV are made in Korea and I guess the paint options are limited vs the ICE versions from the states.
AlexFL7837.00