View Single Post
      11-13-2017, 09:04 AM   #157
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
lol...no worries. Thanks! I somehow got it into my head that your comment about NV not being as good was applied to the 2142. Just wanted to check since that was the dome cam I was going to pull the trigger on.

Still need to settle on NVR vs old PC w/ SW and placement of the latter.

Wifey was working from home last week and saw someone standing in the middle of the front yard and said it seemed like he was walking up to the house until he saw her inside. At least getting the cameras up in the immediate term since the weather temps are dropping now is a win. I can work the in-home setup in the meantime and at least have a visual deterrent outside.
Hold on. Someone made their way into your home when your wife was working from home? That's downright scary.

Remember, you will always be able to see your cameras live if you just power them with an adapter or with a PoE switch. The NVR and the PC will only be for recording. By the way, I'd somewhat advise against getting an old PC. I did that in the beginning. These cameras are quite resource intensive, and my CPU would constantly be pegged at 100% utilization. I bought a brand new Dell XPS and loaded it up and with 9 cameras, am somewhere between 7% and 12%.
bosstones1144.00