View Single Post
      01-07-2021, 05:06 PM   #20
4Hockey4
Banned
Rep

Drives: Pinto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrown7403 View Post
Great thread for a great race at a super venue!

I live in Austin (F1 fan most of my life, started as a Mansell fan) and have been to all but one race (aside from Covid 2020) since 2012. My tickets have run the gamut (general admission to main grandstand) over the years but I must say that I really like general admission on race day. Lots of really good viewing locations on this hilly venue with good sight lines all over. I think it’s fun to take a walking lap or 2 and watch the race from 5-7 locations on race day to really get a proper appreciation of F1 cars and drivers. Great people watching as well and it’s always fun to chat with folks from all over the world. I particularly like hanging out at the Biergarten on the hill above Turn 9 (you can see about 1/2 the track from this spot).

Anyway, hopefully we’ll actually have a race this year on my birthday weekend in late October!
Soooo since i started thread, wife and I can stay with you, and MKSixer can walk us into club...sweet thx !!

lol anyways, thinks for info. Would you still do GA if you were coming from Virginia ? THe clubs are a bit expensive when you add in airfare and hotel, plus we are doing 2 extra days for (hopefully) music scene/site seeing

What about getting Main grand stand AND walking around ? Can you do that or have to have "GA" ticket to hit up the hills ?

Thanks