View Single Post
      01-26-2020, 07:12 AM   #19
SuperEvilGenius
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e G20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slideit View Post
Wow, early adopter! Looking forward to pics and your opinion.
Can I ask if you went through a broker or did it yourself through a dealer?
Yeh I'd been looking at getting an electric/hybrid car for a while, and I wasn't happy with the build quality of the Tesla cars. The Toyota hybrids didn't have the performance I wanted, since my previous car was an Audi S3.
The 330e was the best option for me, ticked most boxes. If the i4 or another full electric sedan was out I would gone with that. Petrol is getting too pricey and my free corporate servicing ran out on the S3, they were going to charge me $2k for next service. Also I've started to feel more guilty about my contribution towards climate change.

So initially I went through a dealer and the quotes I was getting were well above 100k for the options that I wanted. I thought that was ridik for a 3 series.
So I went through a broker, MBA Car assist. They gave me a quote of 85k with all the options. I then went to a dealer and showed them the quote, and they beat it by 1k.
So I went with them. Little did I know that some of the options that I wanted hadn't actually made it to the production line yet, so apparently that's what caused the major delay.
Appreciate 0