11-03-2016, 09:35 PM   #25
autopal
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2017 340i Xdrive MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki021 View Post
I think the things are much better than it seems from this topic.

1. 16% drop in October is exaggerated. The October had 2 working days less than the previous year, so only this accounts for ~9% of sales drop. (let's see data for November, I bet it will be much much better).

2. Series 5 sales are seriously hurting the numbers, and this is perfectly normal since the model is currently being retired. Once G30 goes on sale, it will lift the numbers significantly.

3. Most of the CPO cars are actually new demo cars.

4. BMW cut incentives in the USA, and I'm really happy for that. In general they are making fools out of the buyers in the rest of the world when they are selling cars in the USA so cheap. Here in Europe we are very upset by the US/European prices. Since the global sales are hitting all time highs and are limited mostly by supply, there is no reason to offer such a great deals in America anymore. It's much better to sell more cars on a more profitable markets than selling them cheap in the US.
1. 16% drop in October is exaggerated. The October had 2 working days less than the previous year, so only this accounts for ~9% of sales drop. (let's see data for November, I bet it will be much much better).

LOL Really! So I guess Audi and Mercedes did not lose those 2 working days then, because they certainly isn't down anywhere close to 16%. Mercedes down only 1%, and Audi up slightly.