Roundown
Colonel
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted
Quote:
Originally Posted by jphughan View Post
Fair enough, the new GT model and the next-gen GT3 having a manual available may well be trial balloons or full-on headfakes -- but the GT4 is real, and when asked in multiple interviews why they decided to make that car with a manual rather than the PDK which the engineers acknowledge would have made for a faster car, Andreas Preuninger said, "To show people that we listened." He also explains that the guiding philosophy of the GT4 was to make a car for people who were less concerned with that last tenth of a second on track and more interested in additional driver engagement.
So, they'll offer a manual for guys paying $150k + who DON'T want the car to perform as well as it can. That would indeed be listening. To the lunatic fringe. But hey, not my circus, not my monkeys.
Yea- I mean, why bother with the driver at all?! For my $150k+ I want that thing hot lapping while I read Roundel in the passenger seat.

I care more about the means than the end. Magazine times and Ring laps don't do much for me on a nice day, on a twisty road.