09-15-2021, 01:08 PM   #36
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pukicabuki View Post
Correct on the siding. This is an addition to our existing house built in the 70s so we matched the siding, plus the wife likes the look. Board and baton in really popular around here. A builder is finishing up a $1.6m new construction house 2 doors down from us and used the same stuff because "its what buyers want" he says.

I haven't decided on the lift yet. It can go on either side in the back half. Leaning towards a 2 post of some sort on the right side to leave me the option of a 4 post on left down the road. I want to get cabinets and cars in there first to get a better idea of where things fit.
I have the same siding on my garage, which is a pole barn design. Mine has been up 17 years now. Awesome product.

If you plan on servicing your cars in the garage, get a two-post lift. Anything other is a compromise. I have a Rotary 10,000 pound asymmetrical 2-post. Plenty of info on the internet on installing a lift. Looks like you've prepped for one already (floor, ceiling height, and power). 2-post on the right and 4-post on the left sounds right. Most 2-posts need a 12' foot ceiling. Rotary makes a nice version that the hydraulics are 12V powered via a standard auto battery (charged by a maintainer). It's twice as fast lifting. 25 seconds vs. 45 secs. Really helpful if the power goes out.

Again, nice joint you built. Congrats.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 09-15-2021 at 01:13 PM..