View Single Post
      08-13-2021, 09:56 AM   #37
jnj2455
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 440i 6MT/RWD/MPPSK/2VF

As someone else already mentioned, I think this is a nostalgia/generational driven thing (at least partly).

I came of age in the late '00s and '10s, so to me that was where vehicles peaked in terms of maintaining modern day comfort. My list of "must haves" reflects that because many of those items are often standard on even most basic vehicles in 2021 (good headlights, sunroof, a good stereo w/ BT or aux connectivity,). The only thing to add to that now is really CarPlay & back up cam. Whilst I agree that many modern cars are numbed computers on wheels, the trade off of having a more distilled driving experience vs. creature comforts/conveniences is often a losing argument for many people.

To that end, I think it's a moving target. I doubt the next generation of kids who grew up around CUVs, electronic nannies, etc. will really care too much for cars pre-2015 because those models will come off extremely spartan to them.

I love an E30 or air cooled 911 as much as the next guy but to daily one would get old very quickly if I don't have a modern car accompanying it.