View Single Post
      08-10-2021, 04:59 AM   #27
baege
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 Cayman GTS 4.0 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
i think we hit peak car a while ago. now everything is getting heavier with smaller engines and turbos. manuals are almost non existent. each manufacturer and segment is different about this though. GT3s have remained true to the recipe. But base carreras are now all turbo charged. the turbo and RS cars are pdk only. BMW fell off after the e92 and e60 M cars. all the entry level ferraris are turbo and paddles now.

on the flip side you could argue cars are more refined and daily friendly now. meaning you can use them more often for a variety of tasks. thats why i have an f80
You have a pretty good comparison point for what I am feeling lately, i.e. your 2018 GT3 vs your 458 which was a 2010 right?

would you not say that your GT3 feels that much newer, crisper and tighter than the 458? (apples to oranges in a way I know)

The "worn out" feeling I have experienced with older cars I've test driven lately is causing me to shy away from them.

I am feeling like I will enjoy a brand new GTS 4.0 much more than a 8-10 year old R8 v10 with 20000-50000 km partly because it will simply be new versus worn.

but that v10!