View Single Post
      08-09-2021, 11:39 AM   #11
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

for a daily driver, newer car hands down. the amount of driving i do, and the amount of amenities now coming on newer cars makes the driving so much better.

For a fun weekend car, it depends. If I'm going to go balls out modifying it, slightly older cars (5-10 years) are better just cause there is so much aftermarket support and you still get some of the luxuries.

But if im not modifying it, its hard to pass up the performance of the newer cars. Its crazy to go back and look at some of the performance cars from the 90s and 2000s and compare their specs to new cars. Almost all the cars i wanted as a highschooler would need some work to get me to enjoy them.
for instance, a 94 supra turbo was a 320hp car with a 5+ 0-60 and mid 13s 1/4. My wifes new g70 sport is a 365hp car with a sub 5 0-60 and can crack into the 12s stock. I have a 94 25th anniversary trans am i never drive because of it. Low miles, worth significantly more than i paid, so i dont want to do any modifications, but at 275hp, my truck is faster and my wifes car is way more fun to drive

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?