positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep

Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by m5james View Post
I was debating the QuickJack vs MaxJax a few months ago...I like the QuickJack being truly portable but the MaxJax getting 2-3x the height. I used a buddies MaxJax to install lowering springs and it was fine. While it can't reach a height that'll allow anyone to stand and work, my buddy put casters on a BMW seat and it was nice being able to sit upright. What ultimately forced my hand is MaxJax told me they were on backorder until like June and I kinda got to the point where I wanted something now vs continually putting it off. My limitations are also that my 2 car garage only has like 75" of ceiling height due to a heater duct (but makes for a nice heated garage) vs my 3rd car garage has like 90". I also have the limitation of depth and needing to be able to move the lift forward or backwards as needed to accommodate vehicles of different lengths vs the MaxJax is pretty permanent once holes are drilled...I have about 4-5' of room from the front bumper to the wall when I've given myself about 1"' from the back bumper to the garage door with the X5M on the lift. Mind you that if it's winter and I'm trying to not let the heat out, so that meant I couldn't use the front and rear center jack points, which meant I was doing a lot of left right left right left right, trying to find other jack points since I've got stands in the stock locations, jackstands sometimes tipping as I tried to get each corner to their max height...now it's just slide them under, hit a button and 30 seconds later it's 2' in the air.

I got the 7000EXT (weight capacity and length was needed for the X5M and my Harley Davidson F150) and opted for the 12v version since it's as portable as it can get and while fitting nicely in the back of the X5M. I just finished installing aftermarket downpipes and it was very convenient being able to raise and lower the truck as needed since they're put in from the top, aligned to the exhaust at the bottom, loose installing bolts/clamps back and forth before final torque.
Thanks for sharing the photos and your review. Been contemplating to get one of these.... great more toys to spend money on