View Single Post
      11-21-2018, 03:04 AM   #24
JimParsons
Registered
Rep

Drives: Ford Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I have the Bendpak Mid-Rise Scissor lift and love it. I was tired of being on my back since I do have back problems. I wanted to get a 4 post lift, but my garage wasn't big enough. I looked at the Quick Jack and the like, but they didn't go up high enough. I think this is the best alternative to both those options. The build quality is as good as you can find and I never feel unsafe underneath it. Plus, it lifts and retracts very quickly. It is more than your budget, but I think for the quality and portability, it was worth it for me.

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...2674_200102674
Agree 100%. I would take the MD-6XP any day over the QuickJack, the extra height makes all the difference and you can easily park over the top of it or store it away when not needed.

However, if there are decent options for 2 post lifts in smaller garages now a days. Bendpak also do the Grand Prix series which as you can see below are able to fit into most garages.

Source = Pickup World

Personally, I have the GP-7LCS (got it through the Bendpak site) and use a mechanics chair for comfort. Works well for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
How does one even find out how thick their concrete is & what PSI? Clearly folks buying used homes are not given that info at closing.
You can just drill a small hole to test the thickness and refill after, if needed. Probably the easiest way.