09-12-2021, 07:28 AM   #31
BRAKE!
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 718 GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachinesWithSouls View Post
Excellent write up!

I usually shoot there, but decided to take M School and your experience jives with my own.

https://machineswithsouls.com/2020/0...-bmw-m-school/
Hey! Didn't know you were a forum member here, I actually recall looking through your write up prior to attending the school and got some useful info. I updated my original post to include this link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tke743 View Post
Great write-up.

21 sec is not the participant record for M2 comp on the autocross. My time was 20.356 seconds and I was told people have been faster (but they did stop things so I could get a pic of the time). We were told that Donnie Isley (Head instructor) holds the outright record at 19.450 seconds which is STUPID fast.
TKE743, your time is AMAZINGLY fast. To be honest, it did seem like the instructor had a hard time recollecting what the actual record was... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonahk View Post
Great review! I really think that the two day M school is one of the better values in motorsport "training". I remember being insanely exhausted after the 2nd day - how did you hold up?
^ they are not kidding when they say you'll be tired after your first day. I came back and fell asleep promptly afterwards. All those who say track driving is not a sport has never done it before.