09-01-2021, 03:57 PM   #29
tke743
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: LBB M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namelss View Post
That was a great read, thanks! I was planning on doing the 1 day course when I get my M5 but now I wonder if/how I'd be able to go for 2 instead (like I pay for the second day or something). Anyone have any insight?
I'm assuming you mean if you get a credit for m-school or m-day when buying a car. Yes, just call them and arrange to have the credit rolled into the extra course and pay the difference. Be aware that the M-Schools are expensive, but a great experience (BMWCCA has a discount). 1 day M-school is very similar to the first day of the 2 day M-school. You will get a LOT more out of the 2 day then the one day, the instruction gets more extensive.

The "Mann" corner and the "corkscrew" referenced are amazing learning experiences. The first is a maintenance throttle corner with a lift to rotate. The second is a completely blind left over a crest with a quick right as soon as the car settles, followed by a quick left then a straight into one hell of a right hander. All of this is off camber and downhill. Lots of learning to be had there.