View Single Post
      02-03-2018, 05:08 PM   #35
MaximusB
Major
Rep

Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
You had surgery before there was an MRI? A US insurer wouldn't pay that claim, and you could sue the doctor, etc. Very glad it worked out well for you (I'm assuming), as things could have gone sideways if there was something else unexpected (like a tumor, fracture, etc.) while you were under the knife...
Well.... a dislocated shoulder is relatively easy to diagnose and to repair. For one, the shoulder socket won’t sit where it is suppose to and one arm will be visibility lower than the other. You can also move the socket around with your other hand and feel the slack. The orthopedic surgeon did a few simple test in my shoulder and said my labrum is either torn or stretched from repeated dislocations. A MRI scan in my case would only show whether my labrum was torn or stretched, but the actual repair procedure is the same for both. So surgery was my only option to a permanent fix if I wanted to continue playing hockey or any physical sports. And yes everything worked out for me, I was back playing 6 months after surgery.

Sorry for