View Single Post
      06-07-2023, 04:33 PM   #80
Z K
Major General
Rep

Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allerum View Post
I just don't see the point of protecting a bad paint job. The factory robots are not very good. The paint isn't that thick nor is it as polished. I'd rather repaint the entire car for $8k in 10 years with a professional show quality job. You guys are paying 4-8k for protecting a medium quality paint. This isn't a Koenigsegg with a 37 layer paint. THAT paint you should PPF. But I can get a 5-10 layer custom job that's the same shade and flake but thicker for the price of PPF.

I will picking up this week and plan to have a guy buff it and I will graphene coat it and done.
The problem is, the car will look like crap until you get it repainted. With clear bra, it will look like new all the time and never need a repaint. I also have no idea where you are getting your car painted but a full car repaint that is OEM quality with proper down to the metal stripping and prep is $10-20k here. A sub $10k paint job is probably a "scratch and spray".

Also, not to mention the other stuff that gets damaged as you drive such as the headlights, trim etc. A pair of BMW laser headlights is not an inexpensive replacement.

I put clear bra on all my cars that I plan to keep long term. If you don't want to do a full front coverage due to cost, you can just do a partial front coverage (full bumper/headlights/partial hood/fenders) - that will cover 90% of the rock chips you will get. Usually about $1000-1500 for a computer cut partial front.