View Single Post
      09-14-2021, 10:22 AM   #57
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntg44 View Post
Appreciate the effort but the looks in my opinion are not the biggest offender. Although the rear bumper is unforgivable.

I really thought after the new BRZ reveal Subaru was starting to get its mojo back but the new engine output is such a WTF that I'm over the model entirely. Everyone's comparing it to the previous 2.0 but I'll go a step further and compare it to 2 generations ago. The EJ255 in its final iteration had 265hp and 244 lb ft or torque. So in 2 engine revisions the best Subaru could get is 6 more horsepower and 14 lb ft over a wider rpm range. Subaru was able to increase the EJ255 output more than that from 08-09, and the engine was still considered old back then.

Meanwhile the car just gets bigger and heavier. The STI is no longer something I'm looking forward to after this complete fail of a reveal. Just kill the car off if it's going to remain stagnant. Adaptive dampers with a CVT and an 11 inch screen are not even close to what the WRX enthusiast was thinking this car needed.

But I'm over it. As an owner of an 09 WRX and 20 STI, I'm happy to move on.
And how much have emissions regs changed since then? I don't know why "enthusiasts" constantly ignore the obvious.