View Single Post
      07-12-2015, 10:42 PM   #317
bmc335
Bimmer? I don't even know'er!
United_States
Rep

Drives: f10 550i M Sport

I hate the thought of losing the manual trans.. I hate the thought of losing the combustion engine to electric motors too (even with all the torque advantages..) But I guess it is happening and it sucks..

It's funny, I encourage and embrace advances in technology in everything else I come across I think. When it comes to cars, I want it in some ways (design, materials, electronics, etc..) but not at the expense of a manual trans attached to a combustion engine. I actually get sad when I think about not being able to have that...

Anyway, I think in the short term that the manual trans will go away for a bit, then make a small come back as a new 'purist' model type offered by the sport car industry. Something all about driving (as it 'used' to be). No computer getting in the way, light weight, great power to weight, stiff, and a manual box. The whole 'old is new' thing..

At least that is what I hope... In the mean time, I think I need to settle into something new that has a manual trans and keep it for the long haul. Maybe the M2 is the one to do that with..