04-29-2021, 07:46 AM   #18
PcarDefector
Private First Class
Canada
Rep

Drives: 135i DCT+PS+PE / X3 M40i Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJBO View Post
EOS R was a disappointment to be sure, I got rid of mine shortly after my R5 arrived.

Frankly, if the R3 has the resolution of the R5, I'll happily dump the R5, pickup an R3 and have a fantastic pairing for my 1DX III.
Unfortunately, R3 is "only" 30MP compared to the 45MP of your R5.

I'm holding out for the R6M2 with >24MP. My current goto stills camera is the EOS RP. I skipped the 5DM4 (after having 2x 5DM2 and 2x 5DM3) and downgraded over the years debating whether to jump into the Nikon camp.

The EOS RP is actually not that bad as stills camera compared the the EOS R. Battery life, burst mode and limited dynamic range (esp blacks) are weaknesses of the RP but it's great value. I don't shoot professionally anymore so budget is somewhat an issue especially since I have to spend $3.5k on an LSD with install or the equivalent of a R5 on my E82.

Are you using the RF lens adapter; if so have you noticed any trader-offs or incompatibilities? Seems to work fine for me but I've seen comments that focusing speed is slower. I have some small incompatibilities with older Sigma lens but that's a limitation of Canon's mirrorless firmware.

Also I haven't been able to get any of Canon's Mirrorless cameras (R and RP) to work with Lightroom tethering. Have you tried on the R5?

Last edited by PcarDefector; 04-29-2021 at 07:59 AM.. Reason: Added question on RF adapter