View Single Post
      06-01-2008, 01:08 AM   #16
Digital.James
Colonel
Rep

Drives: GT4, Raptor.2, Tuono 1100F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondolemite View Post
Don't forget about Kendrick Perkins, he's liable to go off on the soft Laker front line (outside of Turiaf).

KG and Gasol are not even, KG is considerably better. That being said, KG only has one gear and can't take it to another level in crunch time.

Lakers do clearly have the bench advantage... Sam Cassell's NBA funeral was like 3 years ago. Don't sleep on James Posey though, he's been around a while and is sneaky good. Doc Rivers has effectively destroyed the confidence of Big Baby and Powe... non-factors.

Ray Allen might be back and able to shoot the Celtics to a couple of victories.

But, ultimately, who the heck is gonna guard Kobe? If Pierce guards Kobe then the series is over because he won't be able to do that and score 25-30/game (despite what he did in game 7 v. LeBron). If I were a good coach (which Doc Rivers is not) I would consider starting Posey over Allen and putting his length on Kobe as a defensive stopper (or slow-downer, can't really stop Kobe, ask Bowen) and 3 point shooter.

Also, if Smush Parker... err, I mean Rajon Rondo, doesn't play out of his mind it's gonna be a short series.

I hate to agree with everyone but they're right, Lakers in 6.
KG is clearly the better player, but he hasnt played that way in the play offs. Like Jay Crawford always says, he turns into Kevin Gar-not when the going gets rough. Always willing to settle for jumpers when no one can clearly guard him. It's laughable.

Gasol has the same situation, but not as extreme since he's not strong enough to directly attack certain centers/power forwards. Likes to settle for too many jumpers. He has been sliding to the basket well when Kobe drives though.

They both have shrank considerably in the play offs, which is why I consider their play even at this point.