Drives: 2016 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW X5 50i  [0.00]
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
2021 BMW Z4 M40  [10.00]
2019 BMW X3 M40  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital.James View Post
The NBA got the best match up. With everything thats happened in the NBA the past year this is exactly what they needed.

The Lakers are way too deep for the Celtics. Their bench sucks, and they have a big time liablity at the point with Cassel/Rondo/Allen who have all been playing horribly in the playoffs. The Lakers can throw too many bodies at them at point, Fischer/Farmar/Vujacec.

Pierce will go off, but so will Kobe. Gasol and KG are even I think because neither have been playing that well in the playoffs. Lakers have a big advantage in forwards with Odom/Radmanovic/Walton/Ariza/Turiaf. So many people they can throw at KG.

I think Kobe, point gaurd play and the bench win it for the Lakers in 6.
Don't forget about Kendrick Perkins, he's liable to go off on the soft Laker front line (outside of Turiaf).

KG and Gasol are not even, KG is considerably better. That being said, KG only has one gear and can't take it to another level in crunch time.

Lakers do clearly have the bench advantage... Sam Cassell's NBA funeral was like 3 years ago. Don't sleep on James Posey though, he's been around a while and is sneaky good. Doc Rivers has effectively destroyed the confidence of Big Baby and Powe... non-factors.

Ray Allen might be back and able to shoot the Celtics to a couple of victories.

But, ultimately, who the heck is gonna guard Kobe? If Pierce guards Kobe then the series is over because he won't be able to do that and score 25-30/game (despite what he did in game 7 v. LeBron). If I were a good coach (which Doc Rivers is not) I would consider starting Posey over Allen and putting his length on Kobe as a defensive stopper (or slow-downer, can't really stop Kobe, ask Bowen) and 3 point shooter.

Also, if Smush Parker... err, I mean Rajon Rondo, doesn't play out of his mind it's gonna be a short series.

I hate to agree with everyone but they're right, Lakers in 6.