View Single Post
      06-13-2019, 06:11 PM   #50
dtla1
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i, Space Grey

Not any type of harassment here but; Drivers on my daily commute in Silicon Valley just plain suck at driving.

I've only been up here for about 3 months but everyday I see people wandering out of their lanes, sitting at a light that has turned green for 5+ seconds before I have to honk at them (avg perception-reaction time is 2 seconds, 1.5 seconds really but lets be a little lenient), when approaching an intersection with a green light they'll brake as if deciding whether they might need to continue straight or make a turn, etc.

I see this everyday!!! I don't know if it's driver age, people's general knowledge of driving, or what the hell contributes to this but it's obnoxious.

My biggest pet peeve recently is when a light turns green, and the cars in front of me (let's say I'm the second in line for easy visualization, I understand long lines of cars make it so that it takes longer for everyone to get up to speed because of their shitty perception-reaction times) take easily a mile to get up to the speed limit. It's outrageous that a civic apparently can't do 0-45 mph in less than a mile.