View Single Post
      01-20-2011, 09:22 PM   #114
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW E92/E60

I am liking this new engine

More power & torque with a smaller, less heavier engine and a lot better fuel economy. It is a win-win situation in todays demanding NA. market that is power hungry yet want fuel efficiency to be high. So now they got it. Eat your cake and have it too.

Only down side is that the engine is not a high rever other then that it looks great on all fronts. I think overall this will allow a car with overall superior driving dynamics compared to an equal model equipped with N52 NA. engine. The less mass in engine bay and over the front wheels is always a plus. Also, any one that has driven the N54 engine knows its not a high rever but its still hell of fun engine in my book.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.

Last edited by Kayani_1; 01-20-2011 at 09:33 PM..