View Single Post
      04-23-2016, 03:58 PM   #371
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilg1993 View Post
Exactly. The Ducks are a very physically tough team, and that was exactly what was wrong with LA...they tried to out muscle the sharks all series and wound up shooting themselves in the foot. Was definitely a closer series than the final tally would indicate. SJ/LA is always fun in the postseason.

And I wouldn't sleep on the Preds if I were you, they have a lot of offensive weapons, as do the Sharks, of course. I'm definitely pulling for Nashville in that series, probably mostly because I was one of 3 people who picked them to win in my pool. Sometimes I also wonder if I dislike the Ducks because they play at the Honda Center
I'm not downplaying the Preds at all...Rinne is in my opinion of the best and hardest to get goals on. I've seen him shut the Sharks down and all they need is a couple goals. And if the Preds beat the Ducks that says something as well, like they are firing on all cylinders...that's playoff hockey..sometimes it doesn't matter who is better on paper but who is cohesive right now. Look at the Caps...beating everybody up all season and now looking iffy. Don't know if they are coming down from a plateau.

Look at the Penguins--hottest team in hockey for the last few weeks of the season and it has carried over to the playoffs.