View Single Post
      04-23-2016, 11:55 AM   #367
jgoens
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
I've been a die-hard fan since 1984. I really think I mean it when I say I am done watching the Caps after this year. They just can't get it done. ever. EVER. After watching games 4 and 5 I am 100% convinced they will not win a Stanley Cup in my lifetime.

I mean, even if they do get past the Flyers, do you really think the team we watched play last night can beat the Penguins? Seriously? Zippy, ZIPPY chance.
Last night was a microcosm of the Capitals entire existence; achieve everything there is to achieve except for the one thing that matters most.
They don't call them the cardiac Caps for nothing.

I'm done. I just made dinner reservations for Sunday evening at a nice restaurant that doesn't have TVs. I'm sure there will be a withdrawal period, but I'll find something else to occupy my time with.

Bye Caps. I mean it this time. No, really.
Hey Man, that's how I feel about the Sharks...choke after choke...you have to not get your expectations up and take it if it comes. Like winning $100 on a scratch off ticket--hard to do but when it happens it is pretty cool. There have been several years where the Sharks were predicted to be a serious contender for the cup and then they play and beat themselves. Your not done. Go Caps!! Make it to the finals against the Sharks and then one of us will truly be disappointed.