View Single Post
      11-11-2008, 04:22 PM   #55
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampfer View Post
Service? No. I had to call my CA multiple times to get info on ordering the car, when he said he would call me on any updates.

Another story. It took my dealer 2 months to get me a stupid little chrome trim piece that the seat belt guide sits on when extended. I asked them to mail it to me because my car was delivered without one (this shouldn't have even happened), and they agreed so - just give them the mileage of my car at the time.

Then for two months i keep asking and they keep telling me all this BS... like saying they couldn't ship it for insurance reasons; they thought it was a CHROME WHEEL for crying out loud; I didn't pay for it (although we agreed I shouldn't pay for it), among other sh*t. Finally, they said you need to come in to pick it up so that BMW can do a service write-up on it.

So after two months, I drive to the dealership (20 miles from work), I wait for an hour to finally speak to somebody holding hte part, and in the end it took me 2 seconds to pop it in. The kicked? They didn't have to write a service report at all. Talk about a waste of fucking time.

Luxuries? The leather in this car is horrible. It's a nicer car than my old Z in general but that's about it.

Finally, being a fanboy is just stupid. Luckily this forum caters to people like you. Not even the moderators or more knowledgeable members share that kind of "enthusiasm" you have.
And after all that, you still frequent the BMW forums and still own the car. So I guess we both just can't be helped.

I will say though that your experience with BMW service is the exception to the rule. My experience with their service has been great.