04-16-2023, 11:53 AM   #7650
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinaz View Post
If I had a knock on the door and didn't know who was outside I might have a gun in my hand. But I'm also not opening the door until I know who it is for certain. And no one will see my gun unless I felt it needed to dissuade some bad person with bad intent. I have both cameras and a window I can see through the door. The door isn't opened if I don't know the situation is OK. In this case once I'm sure it's cops I put the gun away FIRST and then open the door. The cops would never have seen the gun.

Very sad for him. BTW I live in a very safe place. I'm just security conscious. Bad things happen even in safe areas.
Quote:
Hebbe said a slow-motion analysis of the body camera footage shows Robert Dotson opening the door with his left hand and holding a gun in his right hand. He said Dotson then held the weapon in both hands and pointed it at officers before he was shot.
Hmmmm.... Why would he do this? Did he not know they were police? Had he had previous bad experiences? Were there criminals going around impersonating police? What time of night/morning was it?