View Single Post
      04-20-2015, 02:07 PM   #15
lemetier
Plenipotentiary
Rep
Drives: Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamg13 View Post
I feel you on that. An all black interior is what I always go back to after trying something else. With a black headliner it's just the chill-zone in there. Surprised they only offer full merino black on the M's.
It's the result of cost/benefit analysis. The M5/6 and 6er GC are unique in the that they come standard with Individual features. What many don't have knowledge of are the obstacles in Governmental Regulations that impact something so seemingly simple combined with the uptake rate. I learned many years ago when working with Audi to bring the Exclusive Program to the U.S., every type of interior material that will be offered must go through crash testing before it is sold here. Since Merino is already in our base M5 or M6 and black has to be offered, it's there by default. For the 7 though, it's 1-2 level cost options above the optional Nappa and from the uptake perspective, the number of buyers willing to pay those figures doesn't justify the marketing costs. That said though, if one was willing to pay the costs for the special request (Hyde size and quantity is what mostly comes into play here) and patient enough and absolutely had to have black merino individual on a 7er, it could be done.

Last edited by lemetier; 04-20-2015 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0